[mythtv-users] BE off line

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 22:35:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 08/19/2013 05:24 PM, Joseph Fry wrote:
>
>> Twice now in three days I have deleted capture devices and input
>>> connections
>>> because my BE has gone off line. Is there a way to keep it on line?
>>> Secondly
>>> each time I do this the digital card with the FTA signal never gets the
>>> xmlid populated I have to go into edit channels and un check get EPG
>>> listings/data, whichever it is, and then input the xmlid from Schedules
>>> Direct's report. Before subscribing to Schedules Direct I did use the
>>> EPG,
>>> but now two weeks is much more desirable than three days. What do I need
>>> adjust to have this done auto, if I need to go through this process
>>> again?
>>>
>> If you don't tell it to use the EIT data when you configure the
>> card/source/whatever.... then it ignores the setting in the channels
>> table.  You shouldn't need to clear those.
>>
>> Not sure why you would need to delete your capture devices and input
>> connections because your BE went off line.  I think you need to
>> explain/determine why your BE is going down in the first place.
>>
>> Deleting the devices/connections is typically only done if your making
>> changes to the system (new capture devices, new provider, etc) and
>> want to be sure that you cleared out everything that might interfere
>> with the new changes your introducing.  I don't recommend it as the
>> first step in resolving any issue.
>>

> Also, when deleting capture cards (even with "Delete all capture cards" as
> opposed to "Delete all capture cards on <hostname>"), it will automatically
> delete all Input Connections.
>
> And doing so has no effect, whatsoever, on Video Sources--or the Video
> Source's channels.  Therefore, unless you're deleting all Video Sources,
> you shouldn't need to rescan for channels, so you should leave your
> channels as they were.
>
> I'm guessing, though, that there's a terminology issue in your description
> and, perhaps, you're deleting all Video Sources as well as all Capture
> Cards?
>

>  When you say your system is going "off line" what do you mean?
>>

> Yes, please explain.  Your wording could mean any of a number of things,
> all of which have different solutions.
>
> Mike

When scheduled recordings get an "F" on the far right in upcoming
recordings, the program will not be recorded because my Back End is "off
line". The first time it happened I followed a wiki or some sort of thread
suggesting  deleting all cards and connections and reputting them
subsequently. I was able to record, for a day and a half, and  the BE went
off line again. If there is a better tack, I'm all ears, or eyes as the
case may be.

Daryl