[mythtv-users] Anyone using arm with mythbackend?

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 22:13:44 UTC 2013

> There needs to be some explanation of what "fixing it" means.

Semantics. I contributed; that contribution was thrown back in my
face. Message received.

> There is no possibility for internal expansion.

With this attitude, I can only assume that you do not own a smartphone
or tablet, since there no way to upgrade the internal flash storage
reflow soldered onto the board (or even incorporated onto the SoC
die!).

> is going to do nothing but shine a bad light on the project once those
> new users start running up against those hardware limitations

Seems to me the negative attitude towards ARM/Atom shines a lot of bad
light on the project.

> Now for something to do with ARM that would be very welcome,
> write an OpenMAX decoder

If someone does, will you promise that if anyone asks if they should
get a Pi for a FE,  you will refrain from telling them it doesn't have
enough MHz or RAM, is too "limited", and isn't a "real" platform? Oh
and also no mention of "exandability"?

> An
> AppleTV or RPi with only 256MB
>  Even XBMC has struggled with the RPi after the graphics core
> takes a big chunk of it.

New Pis now come with 512MB.