[mythtv-users] BE off line

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Aug 19 21:24:23 UTC 2013

> Twice now in three days I have deleted capture devices and input connections
> because my BE has gone off line. Is there a way to keep it on line? Secondly
> each time I do this the digital card with the FTA signal never gets the
> xmlid populated I have to go into edit channels and un check get EPG
> listings/data, whichever it is, and then input the xmlid from Schedules
> Direct's report. Before subscribing to Schedules Direct I did use the EPG,
> but now two weeks is much more desirable than three days. What do I need to
> adjust to have this done auto, if I need to go through this process again?

If you don't tell it to use the EIT data when you configure the
card/source/whatever.... then it ignores the setting in the channels
table.  You shouldn't need to clear those.

Not sure why you would need to delete your capture devices and input
connections because your BE went off line.  I think you need to
explain/determine why your BE is going down in the first place.

Deleting the devices/connections is typically only done if your making
changes to the system (new capture devices, new provider, etc) and
want to be sure that you cleared out everything that might interfere
with the new changes your introducing.  I don't recommend it as the
first step in resolving any issue.

When you say your system is going "off line" what do you mean?