[mythtv-users] Upgrading from .25 to .26 worthwhile?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 19 11:28:51 UTC 2013

On 08/17/2013 10:05 AM, klein.aaron wrote:
> Thanks for all that responded.  I just upgraded my mythbackend to a
> Core 2 Duo 3Ghz with 4GB ram.  with the fall schedule soon to start
> and football coming up I believe I will likely delay my move to .26
> for another few months.  One last question I have is there a timeframe
> for .25 support to discontinue?

Note, though, that you're not using a Core 2 Duo 2GHz with 2GB of RAM
running Mac OS X.  So, really, choosing 0.25, and not the
currently-supported, stable version, based on the "it takes more CPU and
stutters when recording and playing back at the same time" experience of
another user is comparing Apples and GNU/Linux.  (And GNU/Linux is
/still/ the primary platform for MythTV--and the one on which lots of
people successfully use the currently-supported, stable version.)

Mike