[mythtv-users] Ceton infinitv 6 Eth & mythtv?

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Sun Aug 18 18:43:43 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> get_var will return HTML, while get_var.json will return JSON. My code for
> the ceton should always be using get_var.json, so there should be no
> problem. I assume you were just poking around by hand and didn't notice the
> distinction.
>
> Also, remember that mailing-list rules say no top-posting. Put your reply
> below the quoted text, not above.
>
> ---
> Ron Frazier

Oops... sorry about the top posting and confusion on get_var.

Another bit of information that I managed to extract... I was able to, just
once, get it to record by going into the device's web interface, and
setting the streaming state to "started" right after starting a recording.
I left the ports, channel, frequency, and all other settings the same.

I wonder if it has to do with the RTSP setup, rather than the actual
tuning. Tuning seems to work right initially (indicated by a
GetProgramNumber result of 2 after the initial PerformTuneVChannel), but
once it starts looking for data on the RTP stream, it fails after 5
seconds. After that, it is never able to find the program number again. In
fact, the specific tuner seems to get hosed until a power cycle.

   --Matt