[mythtv-users] Installing mythtv on Fedora 19 using RPM Fusion

Bob Shanteau rmshant at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 17:51:08 UTC 2013

I'm trying to follow the instructions to install mythtv on Fedora 19:

<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Fedora>

The problem is that the mythtv repository on RPM Fusion now uses
mariadb. I have installed mythtv and mariadb, but do I also need to
install mysql?

I am trying to set up the database and I get stuck at these steps from
the Wiki:

---
Setup MySQL

We'll need to enable MySQL to load at startup, set some passwords, and
create the MythTV database, which we'll populate shortly. The population
of this database is handled by mythtvsetup in the next step, and all
MythTV add-on module database additions must be done after running
mythtvsetup at least one time.

     # /sbin/chkconfig mysqld on
     # /sbin/service mysqld start

Set the MySQL root password.

     mysql_secure_installation

Now we create the MythTV database (called mythconverg) to get us started:

     $ mysql -u root -p < /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.26.0/database/mc.sql
---

How do I accomplish the same steps with mariadb?

Bob Shanteau