[mythtv-users] Question about Storage to buffer values in Playback data

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 15:29:00 UTC 2013

I have a question about what kinds of values I should see when looking at
the playback data during recording playback.  Specificly the Storage to
Buffer setting.  One a FE only system when I play a specific recording I
see values between 350Mbps to 500Mbps.  One my FE/BE system last night I
had some playback pauses and when I looked at the same recording on the
FE/BE system the Storage to buffer value was in the upper 800's Mbps to
>1Gbps value.

For some general background information both the myth systems are connected
to 1000Mbps switch and the recordings are being stored on another system
and is is as well connected to the Gig switch.  I just updated the FE/BE
hardware with a newer and faster CPU, and more ram and I never had playback
issues like this before.

I hope to get a better understanding of what the Storage to Buffer value is
to represent and if a larger value or lower value is better.