[mythtv-users] Anyone using arm with mythbackend?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Fri Aug 16 21:14:24 UTC 2013

On 16.08.2013 22:14, Tyler T wrote:

> people get a kick out of using quad-core 3GHz CPUs to do 400MHz of work,

I started my first experiments on a 350MHz box with software encode as
a combined backend/frontend. It did work, but I really don't want to go
back.

I've started an article to collect ARM information but without first
hand experience that's not so easy. Maybe you can contribute a how-to
for your setup? http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ARM_Systems

For anyone new to Linux hacking, please do not start with the smallest
possible box. There are ARM systems on the market that come with nice
Ubuntu images and more power/memory so you only have to cut some
corners. I'm hoping they get their stuff upstream in time for
Mythbuntu 14.04 LTS, having ARM out of the box would be nice. If someone
can set up a builder on ARM that would be handy, too.

Regards,
Karl