[mythtv-users] Anyone using arm with mythbackend?

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Aug 16 20:28:57 UTC 2013

At 7:40 PM +0100 8/16/13, Fred Watt wrote:
>Does anyone use an arm board to run a small home server/mythbackend?
>I'm looking to refresh my atom server and getting impatient waiting
>for a haswell solution.  The 10watt intel J2850 looks like it could
>be a future option when boards appear in a few months.
>
>Does anyone do anything interesting with arm and mythbackend (I'm
>not interest in anything raspberry related).

For one more watt (11 at idle), you can have 2.5 GHz Core i5 Mac Mini:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3468?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Of course, you'd have to run OS X and any additional (external)
drives would require extra power.  Still, it is available now and
runs circles around any arm system.

Craig