[mythtv-users] Anyone using arm with mythbackend?

Fred Watt fredwattmythtv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 19:43:37 UTC 2013

On 16/08/13 20:36, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 8/16/2013 3:29 PM, Fred Watt wrote:
>> I use a alix at the moment for my always on duties
>
> I have an ALIX myself, but I don't trust it beyond basic firewall,
> dns, and SNMP polling.  Even still, it's using a decent fraction of
> that Geode CPU just throwing packets around.
:) Mines does so much, it's my mpd , dns, httpd, xmail server then
some.  More importantly it runs my home brew java home automation bus.
It's really great allows the atom server to be kept off line until it's
need for mythtv, iscsi, bacula, tomcat kind of duties.  Maybe when I
refresh, I'll only need an always on sub 10watt server.  Interesting how
we can slice and dice services across different h/w.  More is available
for less as the years tick by.