[mythtv-users] Anyone using arm with mythbackend?

Fred Watt fredwattmythtv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 19:29:23 UTC 2013

On 16/08/13 20:21, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 8/16/2013 3:09 PM, Quinten Steenhuis wrote:
>> I tried it on a Seagate GoFlex, and gave up. I didn't try too hard
>> but it was looking to be a very time consuming project and not
>> resulting in good performance.
>
> As a point of reference, a GoFlex has a 1.2GHz Marvell ARM9E. Ignoring
> the difficulties of trying to use a non-standard architecture, that
> CPU is about as powerful as a mid-range Pentium II, which was already
> a slow system when MythTV came out a decade ago.
Thanks for the suggestion Raymond.  There are a few arm boards around
but as you said, I think they require a lot of effort.  I'm a java guy
and would love a 24/7 arm server, I use a alix at the moment for my
always on duties (my atom server has the ability to nap).  When I've
looked in the past at arm, it just does not work, or is too much hard work.