[mythtv-users] Upgrading from .25 to .26 worthwhile?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 14:18:15 UTC 2013

On 16 August 2013 22:36, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:

> What?  Yesterday was my first posting talking about my experience running
> .26.  I said "0.26 seems to be..." and "the backend may be...".  How did you
> read that as strongly recommending something?

my bad, I must be confusing with someone else...

> A quick grep of my myth 0.26 log folder shows there are 13k lines including
> "RingBuf"!! Virtually all of them are from mythcommflag--there are 26 of
> these log files (Aug 10 to yesterday). The smallest mythcommflag log is 4K;
> the largest 1MB.

> I'd say it is time to file a bug report.
Definitely.
As you know, I mainly run Myth on a mac myself, so the mac code gets a
lot of attention from me...

> As I stated, I'm running Mac OS X--no barriers.  BTW, I've been running Myth
> exclusively on OS X since 0.20.

Qt has seen rather major changes in the way it is compiled.
It used to come as a 32 bits package, with Carbon/Quartz being the
default to Cocoa/CoreVideo

that later change has made most old machines obsoletes.
My Core 2 Duo running at 2GHz (though with 4GB) can't play 1080i MPEG2
with the later but has no issue with Carbon/Quartz.