[mythtv-users] Upgrading from .25 to .26 worthwhile?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 00:44:26 UTC 2013

On 16 August 2013 00:31, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:

> I recently upgraded from 0.25 to 0.26.  0.26 seems to be considerably more
> memory hungry.  My backend/frontend/database manger all run on an older
> Core2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM.  The machine is now heavily into swap.
> Previously I also ran MythWeb (via Apache2) on the same machine.  I also
> switched to MythCenter-Wide to try to reduce RAM requirements for the
> frontend.  I used to use another theme that showed fan art and whatnot
> (can't remember which, offhand).

Well, it's not.

0.26 won't use any more memory than 0.25, in fact it uses less thanks
to all the fixes that went in and the various leaks discovered.

> Also, the backend may be using a lot more CPU while recording from the
> HDHomerun (North American OTA).  Last night, it was recording a single HD
> showing but the backend was using 30-35% of one core. Previously, I believe
> it used 7-9%!  Comflagging was also running. The frontend was
> unusable--frequent 3-5 second pauses.  Need to check this out before the
> fall premiere season starts!

Unfortunately, it seems that people upgrading not just mythtv but
other part of the system tends to blame mythtv for everything

I upgraded to 0.27 yesterday, and now it's raining outside.. there
must be a link