[mythtv-users] Hauppauge DVBT-500 Unable to Tune in MythTV

Ian Barton lists at wilkesley.net
Thu Aug 15 15:17:35 UTC 2013

On 15/08/13 15:39, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/15/2013 10:37 AM, Ian Barton wrote:

>>> I'm assuming you restored an old database onto the new system?
>>>
>>> Have you done the "Delete all capture cards" (not "Delete all capture
>>> cards on <hostname>") thing?
>>>
>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>>>
>>> You should always do that any time you change up your underlying system
>>> (new distro, distro version, kernel version, ...).
>>>

>> Yes I did that. There is a BT878 card in the system, which is working
>> fine. A bit more info. I have an Avermedia usb card, which Myth
>> detects as DIBcom 3000, the same as the Hauppauge. This exhibits the
>> same symptoms.
>
> Then you'll have to look at the backend logs to see what's failing, and
> try to figure out what's misconfigured in the new card definitions you
> created.

I delete all cards and just added back the DVBT-500. I didn't change
anything, as this has worked in the past without me tweaking stuff.

Now in the log I get:

2013-08-15 15:16:15.125709 I [403/605] TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:3562
(TuningCheckForHWChange) - TVRec(5): HW Tuner: 5->5
2013-08-15 15:16:15.165802 W [403/605] TVRecEvent dvbchannel.cpp:414
(CheckOptions) - DVBChan(5:/dev/dvb/adapter2/fronte
nd0): 'Auto' bandwidth parameter unsupported by this driver.

However, I can't see any place to alter the bandwidth param.

Ian.