[mythtv-users] Hauppauge DVBT-500 Unable to Tune in MythTV

Ian Barton lists at wilkesley.net
Thu Aug 15 14:37:35 UTC 2013

On 15/08/13 15:13, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/15/2013 10:09 AM, Ian Barton wrote:
>> I have recently setup up a new system, but re-used my old tuner cards.
>> I am using Archlinux. I have a problem with my Nova DVBT-500. In Myth
>> I keep getting the "Timed out...." when I try to watch a program using
>> this tuner. This card has worked faultlessly in several other
>> computers over the years.
>>
>> When I use Kaffeine it can use the tuner with no problems. Thee are no
>> errors in the backend log relating to the tuner. I have tried deleting
>> and re-adding all the tuner cards. I have also tried increasing the
>> various time out options in the card setup.
>>
>> Given that it works with Kaffeine, the card and drivers must be OK,
>> but I have run out of ideas to get it working with MythTV.
>
> I'm assuming you restored an old database onto the new system?
>
> Have you done the "Delete all capture cards" (not "Delete all capture
> cards on <hostname>") thing?
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>
> You should always do that any time you change up your underlying system
> (new distro, distro version, kernel version, ...).

Yes I did that. There is a BT878 card in the system, which is working
fine. A bit more info. I have an Avermedia usb card, which Myth detects
as DIBcom 3000, the same as the Hauppauge. This exhibits the same symptoms.

mythbackend --version shows:

MythTV Version : v0.26.0
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
QT Version : 4.8.5
Options compiled in:
  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_libudf using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus
using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libudf

Ian.