[mythtv-users] Hauppauge DVBT-500 Unable to Tune in MythTV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 15 14:13:45 UTC 2013

On 08/15/2013 10:09 AM, Ian Barton wrote:
> I have recently setup up a new system, but re-used my old tuner cards.
> I am using Archlinux. I have a problem with my Nova DVBT-500. In Myth
> I keep getting the "Timed out...." when I try to watch a program using
> this tuner. This card has worked faultlessly in several other
> computers over the years.
>
> When I use Kaffeine it can use the tuner with no problems. Thee are no
> errors in the backend log relating to the tuner. I have tried deleting
> and re-adding all the tuner cards. I have also tried increasing the
> various time out options in the card setup.
>
> Given that it works with Kaffeine, the card and drivers must be OK,
> but I have run out of ideas to get it working with MythTV.

I'm assuming you restored an old database onto the new system?

Have you done the "Delete all capture cards" (not "Delete all capture
cards on <hostname>") thing?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

You should always do that any time you change up your underlying system
(new distro, distro version, kernel version, ...).

Mike