[mythtv-users] Upgrading from .25 to .26 worthwhile?

Andréas Kühne andreas at kuhne.se
Thu Aug 15 14:06:58 UTC 2013

2013/8/15 Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com>

> > On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Aaron Klein <klein.aaron at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Im wondering if it is worth while to upgrade my setup from .25 to the
> .26
> >> release.  I have looked over the change log and see that there are
> several
> >> changes of course and it looks like there is some DB changes that occur
> >> based on the change in how time is stored.  For those that have moved
> from
> >> .25 to .26 im curious what you feel are the highpoints that would drive
> the
> >> upgrade aside from doing it to run the latest current release.  My .25
> setup
> >> has been extremly stable for well over a year.
> >>
> >> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 release if that maters.
>
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > It's my understanding that .26 will not run on 12.04 Lts. I assume the
> next
> > Lts release will be compatible with the latest Myth distro, but until
> then
> > I'm staying with 12.04 and .25, primarily because of my newbie status.
> >
> > Daryl
>
> 0.26 runs fine on 12.04.  And watch the top posting.

0.26 works fine in 12.04 LTS as stated.

I have upgraded from 0.25 to 0.26. The main reason I did this was support
for Airplay was better in 0.26 (when I upgraded, don't know the difference
now). Also I think it makes sense to be on a later version (as long as it
is stable), so that you get the latest patches and so on.

Regards,

Andréas