[mythtv-users] HDPVR Channel Change Script Arguments

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Thu Aug 15 13:37:40 UTC 2013

On 08/14/2013 10:23 PM, Mark Pennock wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a new backend and I have 6200ch compiled and
> working. However, it takes an extra argument to work. Here is an
> example of what works.
>
> 6200ch -n 0 -v 177
>
> If I don't specify the node as 0 it errors out.
>
> My question is when setting the "External channel change command"
> under the "input connections" setup I'm not sure how to exactly setup
> the argument.
>
> If the node wasn't needed I assume you would just have the command:
> "6200ch". Would you need to put quotes around it?
>
> Bottom line, I'm looking for exactly what to put in this setup entry
> and I can't remember from years ago (when I setup my first backend)
> and I can't find an example. Thanks for the help.

You could easily create a script to change the channel with that extra
argument.  Create /usr/local/bin/change_channel with the following contents:

#!/bin/bash
<path>/6200ch -n 0 -v $*

Set permissions on it to make it executable:  chmod 755
/usr/local/bin/change_channel

And then setup mythtv to call /usr/local/bin/change_channel

Michael