[mythtv-users] VAAPI does not work

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 06:08:44 UTC 2013

On 13 August 2013 16:02, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

> I have never noticed an issue playing subsequent shows on my 12.04
> based system.  There was a period where VAAPI would crash and wouldn't
> work until I restarted X... but I think they fixed that in a driver
> update.

you're probably not using liveTV or playing more than one
video/recording successively.
if only playing one video at a time, the context gets reset so it's
not as noticeable.

quite surprised on how good vaapi is. but I haven't tried before, so
never really went through all the drivers issue. must have matured
quite a bit by now

I noticed some minor issues like when pausing, the paused image isn't
deinterlaced.

Vertical scrollings shows the limit of the bob deinterlacer also