[mythtv-users] Multiple duplicated recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 12 20:29:19 UTC 2013

On 08/12/2013 04:21 PM, Alex Tomlins wrote:
> I'm have an 'any time on any channel' rule set up to record Top Gear.
> At the moment there are one or 2 episodes of this where all 6+
> showings of it are recorded (Dave likes to repeat things a lot).
>
> I'm using xmltv (UK Radio Times) for listing data, and the episodes
> with the problems are the ones with no series/episode information that
> therefore don't have a programid in Myth.  If I understand
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Duplicate_matching correctly, this should
> fall back to the duplicate detection method in this case, which I've
> set to Subtitle and Description.
>
> Looking in the database, the subtitles are all blank, and they all
> have exactly the same description

Blank actually means NULL and, in MySQL, NULL != NULL (i.e. you can't
compare subtitle for equality if there is no subtitle--else it will
/always/ compare as different).

Therefore, change your duplicate detection mechanism to "subtitle then
description", which will use subtitle if it's available, otherwise it
will use description.

Mike