[mythtv-users] Multiple duplicated recordings

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Mon Aug 12 20:21:59 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm have an 'any time on any channel' rule set up to record Top Gear.
At the moment there are one or 2 episodes of this where all 6+ showings
of it are recorded (Dave likes to repeat things a lot).

I'm using xmltv (UK Radio Times) for listing data, and the episodes with
the problems are the ones with no series/episode information that
therefore don't have a programid in Myth.  If I understand
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Duplicate_matching correctly, this should
fall back to the duplicate detection method in this case, which I've set
to Subtitle and Description.

Looking in the database, the subtitles are all blank, and they all have
exactly the same description, for example:

mysql> select generic, starttime, subtitle, description from program
where title = 'Top Gear' AND programid = '' and starttime > now() and
endtime < '2013-08-15' order by starttime;
+---------+---------------------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| generic | starttime           | subtitle | description |
+---------+---------------------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|       0 | 2013-08-13 17:00:00 |          | Jeremy Clarkson, James May
and Richard Hammond put three cars at home on both the race track and
the streets of suburbia to the test. |
|       0 | 2013-08-13 18:00:00 |          | Jeremy Clarkson, James May
and Richard Hammond put three cars at home on both the race track and
the streets of suburbia to the test. |
|       0 | 2013-08-14 08:00:00 |          | Jeremy Clarkson, James May
and Richard Hammond put three cars at home on both the race track and
the streets of suburbia to the test. |
|       0 | 2013-08-14 09:00:00 |          | Jeremy Clarkson, James May
and Richard Hammond put three cars at home on both the race track and
the streets of suburbia to the test. |
|       0 | 2013-08-14 13:00:00 |          | Jeremy Clarkson, James May
and Richard Hammond put three cars at home on both the race track and
the streets of suburbia to the test. |
|       0 | 2013-08-14 14:00:00 |          | Jeremy Clarkson, James May
and Richard Hammond put three cars at home on both the race track and
the streets of suburbia to the test. |
6 rows in set (0.01 sec)

All 6 of these are scheduled to record at the moment.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening?

thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started