[mythtv-users] Card 10?

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Aug 12 15:31:10 UTC 2013

>>> So, you'll just have to go into the Input Connections and select each one
>>> of the cards/inputs and look for the one that says "Please add  channels to
>>> this source" and change it to a proper channel number (as it sounds like
>>> you've properly added channels to the source since you originally configured
>>> the input).
>>

>> BTW, if you do not do this, any time MythTV attempts to use that card, it
>> will fail to set the channel correctly and you will lose a recording.  So,
>> even though you haven't noticed issues, yet, I highly recommend taking the
>> time to fix this.

> I went back in and I have 9 card definitions, two of which are functional,
> showing their source as "motorola/antenna" with actual channel numbers for
> starting channel, and the other seven display (none) as source and also are
> blank for starting channel. What am I missing?

Sounds like your missing 7 source settings.

In all seriousness.  Do you have 9 tuners?  If not, then you probably
created a few without realizing it.  I would delete all of your tuners
(using the appropriate command on the menu, don't delete them one at a
time).  Then re-add them, one at a time, adding the proper source and
selecting a good starting channel.