[mythtv-users] Frontend as cable settop box--using Live-TV

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 05:02:17 UTC 2013

On 11 August 2013 03:15, Rob Davis <rob at davis-family.info> wrote:

> Essentially, if Myth changes to a channel which no longer works, it would be
> great if instead of dying with "Sync Error" or whatever and then freezing,
> we could have, please type alternative channel number, it would fix 90% of
> the grumbling.

For the channel to be used as last channel in the DB, it must sync at
least once.

> I'm guessing this error could be duplicated in most regions with digital TV
> by watching a channel, then pulling the antenna/cable line out of the
> backend.

Can't remember the behaviour of 0.26, but in 0.27, when entering live
TV, you can certainly change the channel even if the last selected
channel is no long valid.

You'll get a message that you should have go a lock by now.

So not too sure what the problem is about. It definitely used to have
this problem before, but that was fixed a long time ago...