[mythtv-users] Ten year of KnoppMyth/LinHES

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Sat Aug 10 14:44:15 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 1:08 AM, Cecil Watson <knoppmyth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ten years ago on 8/9/03, I first demonstrated and release KnoppMyth at an
> OCLUG meeting! Much thanks to the MythTV developers, the users that helped
> to make KnoppMyth/LinHES a community and to my fellow developers. Special
> thanks to jams for the transition from KnoppMyth to LinHES and for carrying
> the torch!

A definite thanks to Cecil from me, when I first started using MythTV in
early 2005, it took me a month to get it working by compiling, adding
drivers, rinse, repeat. Then I got so messed up it wasn't working and I
installed KnoppMyth and I was up and running in what seemed like minutes.
I've since moved to doing my own builds, but for a long time KnoppMyth was
the bomb. My wife still calls the TV 'noppymyth', since that was how she
read the original background image.

Of course a big thanks to the developers who started the project, and have
kept it alive all these years, you've made my media system a crown jewel
compared to the cable/sat company offerings.