[mythtv-users] DCT700 IR Blaster

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 23:22:09 UTC 2013

I'm in the middle of setting up my STB and LIRC, I've been following the
link at "
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Motorola_DCT700_Channel_Change_Script"
and when I get to the test the blaster part this is what the terminal
returns...

daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart
[sudo] password for daryl:
 * Stopping remote control daemon(s): LIRC                               [
OK ]
OK ]
 * Starting remote control daemon(s) : LIRC                              [
OK ]
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ irsend SEND_ONCE DCT700 info
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE DCT700 info
irsend: unknown remote: "DCT700"
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ irsend SEND_START DCT700 info
irsend: command failed: SEND_START DCT700 info
irsend: unknown remote: "DCT700"
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$

The emitter remained unlit throughout the test, I'm guessing that myth
doesn't know what serial port I'm using? I've configured LIRC in Myth
Control Center, by enabling an IR transmitter and selected "Serial port
(UART) Motorola cable box". What have I missed? Also I have not configured
nor do I use a remote for live TV viewing, I just need to control the STB
for recording. I run a single box front and back end connected to a TV via
HDMI, so live TV is very simple.

Daryl