[mythtv-users] Frontend as cable settop box--using Live-TV

lists.md301 lists.md301 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 17:03:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>wrote:

> I use LiveTV on .26-fixes quite a bit, with a HD Homerun and a HD HomeRun
> Prime.

Thank you, that's the kind of response I was hoping for.  That's helpful to
hear, as that's my exact setup, though I will either be dropping the HD
Homerun, when I lose clear-QAM, though possibly may connect it to the
antenna.

One particular feature I am looking forward to taking advantage of is the
separate Recording and LiveTV tuner priorities.  As I mentioned in another
mailing list message, I got "behind" on upgrading because of Gentoo ebuilds
that I felt confident about, with the abandonment of github ebuilds and a
return to official Portage support.  I plan to upgrade (in a chroot test
partition initially) once 0.27 has been released and flushed out a bit.