[mythtv-users] Shows Chopped Up and Long Queue of Comm Flag / Metadata Jobs

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Tue Aug 6 15:19:32 UTC 2013

> Kris:
>
> Thanks.  I'll poke around for a similar monitor, but if you get a chance,
> please post yours. I've not had an issue with the backend hanging, but
> the
> status page may provide a more reliable means for determining status.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Status_Monitoring_How_To

This got me started - I added a 5 times check to make sure it just
wasn't due to an overload...

check process mythtv with pidfile /var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid
start program = "/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend restart"
stop program = "/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop"
if failed port 6544 protocol http then restart
if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

Also grabbed from ubuntuforums... makes it basically foolproof that you
will have an issue (other than machine not on).