[mythtv-users] UK Freeview with HD: terrestrial versus satellite

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Mon Aug 5 19:11:46 UTC 2013

Hi, I'm looking for some guidance from UK users as to whether
terrestrial or satellite has greater reliability.

At the moment, I'm receiving a terrestrial signal. I have two SD USB
tuners, and one HD USB tuner. If I scan, I get the same channels on
multiple multiplexers, and it isn't clear to me how Myth chooses which
mux to use for recording. Some don't seem to work so well, so I get zero
byte recordings. I'm trying - slowly - to establish which channels on which
muxes result in these problems so that I can remove them.

I'm wondering if satellite may be more reliable. I'd be interested in
hearing the experiences of UK users who use, or have used, both
terrestrial and satellite.

Thanks,
Keith
--
"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone
who will never be able to repay you."