[mythtv-users] Ceton Infinitv ETH 6 configuration

Joseph Bebel joseph.bebel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 00:45:35 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm fortunate enough to borrow a Ceton InfiniTV ETH 6 to play around with
for a while and I'm trying to set it up with mythtv on Ubuntu 13.04 with
the mythbuntu ppa (mythbackend version: fixes/0.26 [v0.26.0-220-g92dbb43]).
(It should also be noted I have never used mythtv before)

I followed the PCIe instructions as best I could, adding the tuner as RTP
and adding a channel to the channel list. Unfortunately the frontend says
it can't get a channel lock/says 'Signal 100% | (_L__) Partial Lock', and
when I look at the mythbackend output I see (where 192.168.1.23 is the IP
of the Ceton device):

E CetonSH(192.168.1.23-RTP.0): GetProgramNumber() failed to get a non-zero
program number

I verified that the Ceton device itself works by (in this exact order)
starting VLC on my laptop set to rtp://@:8000, going to the web interface
at 192.168.1.23, going to tuner 1, setting the channel manually, setting
RTP streaming to 'Started' with my laptop's IP, port 8000, and then VLC
starts playing that channel.

I'm also a little confused by the way the tuners are numbered, as it seems
mythtv numbers starting at 0 and the Ceton device numbers tuners 1-6, so I
tried configuring mythtv with tuner 3 but got the same result (except
mythbackend now says 192.168.1.23-RTP.3)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot,
Joe