[mythtv-users] 0.25 to 0.26 upgrade issue with MYSQL

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Sun Aug 4 04:42:55 UTC 2013

On 4/08/2013 9:30 AM, Steve Greene wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-08-03 at 22:33 +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Steve Greene <sgreene59 at verizon.net> wrote:
>>> No firewall set and I did change mythconverg permissions to allow access
>>> from my subnet.
>> Did you check the (usually located at) /etc/my.cnf file for
>> the bind address as Thomas suggested?  Some distros
>> default to localhost (127.0.0.1).
>>
>> Gary
> Actually, in Mint its "/etc/mysql/my.cnf". I did, I changed it to my
> static IP.  I also changed /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf to point my
> static IP address and it didn't help either.
>
> Not sure what's going on...
>
> Steve
Actually in Mint its /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf (the /etc/mysql/my.cnf
is overridden by any settings specified in files in /etc/mysql/conf.d/,
so if there are any others in this folder check them for conflicting
bind-address settings).  I would set to 0.0.0.0 or ::: initially, then
once you have it working restrict it back to the desired interface/ip
address's. (or use a firewall to restrict access from undesired
networks/hosts)

Once bind-address is changed, restart mysql server, and check that it is
listening on correct port/interfaces.

Also, check in mythtv-setup that myth has the correct address's for
master backend and db server.