[mythtv-users] 0.25 to 0.26 upgrade issue with MYSQL

Steve Greene sgreene59 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 3 17:33:37 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,
I finally decided to upgrade my existing 0.25 system. I installed Linux
Mint 15 and used the myth and mysql default packages. Since the upgrade
I can't connect to my database via my static IP address.  I've checked
my config.xml, it points to the IP address and has the correct database
name, username and password.  I can manually connect to the database
from the command line. I checked my.cnf and set bind-address to my
static IP. There is no "skip-networking" line. $/mythtv-setup still
fails on the database connection.  Is this a known issue with a known
fix?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve Greene
--
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."   A.
Einstein