[mythtv-users] PVR150 gives black screen with audio on channel change

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Apr 27 07:05:56 UTC 2013

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 17:48:50 +1200, you wrote:

>> Can you record a program (i.e., not using LiveTV)? I'm wondering if it's
>> the same problem I ran into with my ivtv-based tuner (although my symptoms
>> were not identical to yours). If you're set up to compile your own, could
>> you try it with backing out commits
>> 3944ca9ad0f8df1a0240c5812e5b3b04431e7eac
>> and e54b9b6fd635df024f81c1d2f33956996c95c379 ? Reversing those commits
>> (actually their equivalent in 0.25-fixes) fixed the channel change problem
>> for me, although nobody seemed to care when I posted about it...
>>

>I'm using a HVR-2200 in PAL country which is also an IVTV device on the
>analog side and have similar problems as well.
>
>Going to watch an in progress recording is a 30 second wait while it plays
>with the disk on the backend, the frontend locks up when the in progess
>recording finishes (irrespective of where in the recording its playing)
>and LiveTV is a total non-starter.
>
>I keep seeing hints that its been fixed in 0.26-fixes but it isn't :(

I am running the latest 0.26-fixes.

I use one tuner of a PVR-500 to record analogue signals via the
S-Video connector from my Sky satellite decoder.  Note that this means
I am not actually using the PVR-500's TV tuner, just the S-Video
input.  I have problems with LiveTV tuning to a new channel, but no
problems with actual recordings.  Starting LiveTV again (so it goes
back to the same channel it was tuned to) fixes the problem, but
changing channel in LiveTV just results in a black screen at the
moment.

Watching an in-progress recording works, but jumping around in it
sometimes does not. That, however, is caused by a different bug that
causes bad recordedmarkup data, and happens also after the recording
finishes.  That problem is fixed by running mythcommflag --rebuild on
the file.  It first started when I upgraded to 0.25 and has not been
fixed since.  So I have added a job option to allow me to easily do
the mythcommflag --rebuild command.  Not all recordings from the
PVR-500 get bad recordedmarkup data, but quite a few do.

I do not think I have ever recently been watching something recording
on the PVR-500 when it stopped recording - if I have, I did not have
anything strange happen.

So it would pay to check if you can actually do scheduled recordings
correctly, even if LiveTV is not working very well.