[mythtv-users] CCI=none vs. CCI=any SF Bay Area

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Fri Apr 26 23:43:40 UTC 2013

On 4/26/2013 4:12 PM, glen wrote:
> maybe try deleting those channels and then do a fresh scan of the
> hdhomerun in setup and see if they work. maybe the locations and
> tuning has changed.
>
> i use a hdhomerum (non prime), and from time to time my carrier (time
> warner/los angeles) moves stuff around and i delete and do a scan in
> myth but just on the transport only where they are. on three or four
> that show up in the windows program, myth does not see, as to those i
> added them manually to the tables. i use mc2xml for the listings data,
> so i am not familiar how you set them to get the listings.

You are psychic my friend. That is pretty much how I solved it as you
were writing your response. Thank you. Here is what I did using my tools:

I deleted the problem channels in Mythweb. I have my own custom script
for manually adding channels to a particular lineup rather than doing a
full scan. I did this inserting a placeholder multiplex_id and
service_id. I then ran my own Prime Channel Update script to pull the
proper multiplex and service settings from the Prime.

After that I went back to Mythweb and copied the xmltvid and callsign
info from the Prime channels back into the newly recreated channels.

They are all now recording fine. Thanks everyone for your help.

Ghost in the machine, man. Ghost in the machine.