[mythtv-users] SSD disk for the frontend

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 03:57:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Igor Cicimov <icicimov at gmail.com> wrote:

> To see the trimming in action you can run:
>
> # fstrim -v /
> # fstrim -v /home
>
> You can also set the above as a daily cronjob if you want to execute
> trimming on runtime apart from boot time.

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but I just wanted to say thanks for
this... I've been reading about various ways to optimize the SSD in Linux
ever since I installed one over a year ago. I knew about "enabling TRIM",
but none of the guides ever covered this command, so I was never sure
whether it was actually working or doing anything.

Also, it's interesting how different guides suggest different things. Some
suggest turning off journaling (which I tried for a while, but system
crashes reminded me too much of the ext2 days ;-) ), while others suggest
leaving it on, etc etc.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for this concise little guide :)

aaron