[mythtv-users] Failed radio recordings from dvb-t with 0.26-fixes

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Thu Apr 25 20:21:00 UTC 2013

John Pilkington wrote:
> On 24/04/13 23:02, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 24/04/13 22:03, Roger Siddons wrote:
>>

>>> FWIW I've been using 0.26 on DVB-T (incl Radio 4) for 5 months
>>> with no
>>> significant issues (apart from 10833).
>>
>> Yes, I had it on my laptop for several months and updated a
>> home-build a
>> few times.  The intention was to try it out there before switching
>> the
>> main box from 0.25.3, and I had most of the things that bothered
>> me
>> sorted out;  there was no radio problem on that.  Then it looked
>> as if
>> disaster had struck and I made a series of large unpremeditated
>> changes,
>> after which it seemed ok; but disk space was tight and I didn't
>> check it
>> out thoroughly before making related changes on the main box.  I
>> ought
>> to check it now...
>
> I have.  It has the same problem.  Live radio plays, recordings just
> sit
> there, apparently recording as expected, but the file stays at 564
> bytes.  This is Scientific Linux 6.4 running MythTV 0.26 from
> rpmfusion,
> same git-number as the Fedora 17 box, but with v4l support from
> ATrpms
> packages; the media-build script is still failing for me.
>
> I hoped I might get some idea of when this started, but the last
> radio
> recording listed on the laptop was made last September and my first
> installation of 0.26 was in mid-December.  So much for the intention
> check everything out...
>
> John P

This is a known bug logged against mythtv. It's fixed in 0.26 fixes.
Since rpmfusion didn't have a version that fixes it, I ended up
rolling my own from 0.26 fixes git download, and that fixes it.
Without it, every DVB-T (freeview UK) recording fails with the same
symptoms you report, namely the recording starts, but results in a
file of a few hundred bytes only. It would appear that there is
still no rpmfusion update available with this fix included.

I'm currently running
[mike at puzzle ~]$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v0.26.0-138-g69cd78b-dirty
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.26
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20130225-1
QT Version : 4.8.4
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

--
Mike Holden