[mythtv-users] Lost Shedule Options defaults since partial restore (fixes 0.26)

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Apr 25 11:23:44 UTC 2013

On 25/04/2013 12:15, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/25/2013 03:58 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> I decided to clean up my database by recreating it and doing
>> a partial restore. Ok, probably a bad idea but I wanted to be
>> sure I was getting the current considered-best defaults for
>> any settings I wasn't explicitly setting up.  All went well
>> except I lost my default Scheduling options, in particular
>> the Start Early and End Late values. I discovered that, for
>> scheduling on the front end, these settings are now covered
>> by templates and I've set "Default" up as I require, but I
>> still don't have defaults appearing in mythweb. I'm guessing
>> there are some deprecated settings I need to add to the database by
>> hand to get this working. Anyone know off hand what they are?
>>
>> Also, not really a problem, my Default template appears twice
>> in the recording rule list. Both appearances seem to reference
>> the same template. Is that a known issue?
>
> MythWeb doesn't yet support Recording Rule templates.  Someone needs to
> code support in MythWeb before it can make use of rule defaults or presets.

Yeah, but before I did a partial restore mythweb was picking up default
values for Start Early and End Late from somewhere, so I was guessing
that it was picking them up from some old settings that have remained
through the various upgrades I'd done since I started using MythTV.
If that's so, I could add in those old settings by hand.

Paul.