[mythtv-users] Daylight Savings Time issues

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Wed Apr 24 22:45:26 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-23 at 15:22 -0500, Dan Armbrust wrote:

>         And as for the problem Dan (the OP) was having--it was with
>         your system, not MythTV.  Your system didn't inform MythTV of
>         the time change, so MythTV was operating properly.  That's why
>         the reboot fixed it.
>
>         Mike
>
> Nothing special about the system... Just a standard ubuntu install
> with mythtv from the standard repositories installed.  Everything else
> on the system new what time it was.
> IIRC, even mythtv knew what time it was.  If myth can't read the
> system clock correctly, that sounds like a myth bug to me.
>
> If there is some known issue with this basic setup... it would be nice
> to know what it is, or who we would report it to.
>
> That said... I'll hopefully have time to upgrade to latest again
> before the next DST change, so I can see if the problem goes away then
> with the new date handling.  I've dealt with this so long now,
> however, that its become second nature.  Test the smoke alarms.  Kick
> the myth box in the head so its not off by an hour :)
>
> Dan

I couldn't find your original post by searching for "daylight"..

0.26+fixes..
At the last DST change here (UTC+12) I noticed a problem with schedule
data update (xmltv with right time format).

The 12 hrs following the DST change all programs were off by one hour.
I think this was old/previous data because..
When I wiped the schedule data & then rerun mythfilldatabase with a copy
of the xml file, the 12 hr period was then empty.
My TZ settings are correct (auto or none) & the xml file is correctly
formatted.

This possible bug would only seem to apply to +ve TZ offsets..