[mythtv-users] MythTv mentioned in HTML5 DRM article

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Apr 24 13:37:55 UTC 2013

This isn't really a technical issue, but I thought I would pass this
around since it is related to the mythtv community.  Having been a part
of the mythtv community for a little over 8 years (I think.. I started
with 0.18), it's always good to see mythtv mentioned, even in passing.
The article is an interesting read.  Enjoy!

http://freeculture.org/blog/2013/04/23/dont-let-the-myths-fool-you-the-w3cs-plan-for-drm-in-html5-is-a-betrayal-to-all-web-users/

Glynn Moody elaborates on these hollow threats attacking free software
and the free and open web: ...working on behalf of the Electronic
Frontier Foundation and the free/open TV projects it represented,
including MythTV (an open video-recorder) and GNU Radio (an open
radio/TV receiver).

-Rich