[mythtv-users] harassment and bullying from raymondatwagnerrp

raalph a raalph.a at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 02:21:52 UTC 2013

On 13-04-23 09:23 PM, vinnieadapousonie at aol.com wrote:
> It is my belief that raymond at wagnerrp is the same person that harassed
> and bullied me at a forum, apparently,at least it seems to me, with the
> help of the forum management. I am asking "moderators", here at
> mythtv.org, to ask raymond at wagnerrp not to reply to my questions. Her,
> or his, manner, here, is, I can not escape the conclusion, antagonistic,
> harrassing, confrontational, cynical, and bullying. Again, I believe
> this is the same person that harassed and bullied me at a forum and her,
> or his, continued antagonizing of me is really ***********.
> Incidentally, I do have "screen captures" of what occurred at the
> aforementioned forum.
>
> Raymond at wagnerrp I do not want any replies from you; please leave me
> alone. I believe you are the same person who harassed and bullied me at
> a forum. Again, raymond at wagnerrp, please leave me alone; I am asking you
> not to reply to any of my questions. Raymond at wagnerrp PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE.

Every time I think about it, I am utterly and profoundly amazed at how
successful things like wikipedia and open source software are.  Want an
OS?  Want a db engine?  Want DVR software (MythTV)?  It's all available
and free and legal to download. And much of it is created by people that
do it for free. Why they so willingly give away their valuable time and
talent, I cannot say.  Perhaps they think it's fun, perhaps they get
satisfaction knowing that many people benefit from their labor, or
perhaps they are simply idiots and don't realize that you can actually
earn money doing what they do (please keep the last part secret because
I am one of the people that benefit).

And there are also people (that for reasons I really can't understand)
read through the flood of emails that come to a mailing list such as
this one and help others fix their problems and answering their
questions.  If you pay attention for long, you'll notice that there are
a handful of people who know what they are talking about, and
consistently help people out.

I only pay attention to the myth mailing list off and on (more off than
on), but my general impression is that your raymond at wagnerrp is someone
that not only donates his time making MythTV better as a developer, but
he also provides helpful answers and insight to people on the mailing
list.  If I was him, I think an email such as yours would be one thing
that would discourage my further (valuable) contributions.

If he offended you, please let it go for the sake of the rest of us...
at least he took the time to try to help you out.

(And yes, I know better than to send this, but for the life of me, I do
not understand why anyone would look a gift horse in the mouth).