[mythtv-users] Sudden 'disappearance' of dvb tuners

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Apr 20 10:45:29 UTC 2013

I just rebooted my Fedora 17/MythTV 0.25.3 main box after upgrades that
included kde 4.10.2 and dvb-apps.  Mythbackend couldn't see any tuners.
dmesg showed the pci cards ok but no firmware load for the usb device.

Mythtvsetup didn't see the cards either, until I tried running femon for
each adapter.  pci cards then worked, usb not found.  Unplug/replug usb;
firmware loaded and it's probably ok.

Someone else posted recently about tuners that worked ok after being
used once, but I haven't relocated the post.  This feels similar.

This box is non-standard at present because the f17 nVidia packages that
I would like aren't at ATrpms, so I'm still running an f16 kernel - and
wondering where to go next!

John P