[mythtv-users] nVidia driver 304.88: problems

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Apr 17 08:11:12 UTC 2013

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:10:26 +1000, you wrote:

>Hi
>

>On 17 April 2013 12:20, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>

>> >You're saying that it changes even if say GUI is currently at 50Hz and
>> >you
>> >try to play a 50Hz video? and that shouldn't happen?
>>
>> Exactly. I and several others see exactly that, and the patch fixes it.
>>

>ok.. that should be simple enough then..
>
>But from my recollection, that's not the bug others were reporting. It was
>that refresh rates weren't being changed *at all* with drivers 3xx ..
>

>> But presumably that should happen only if the required mode is not already
>> in use.
>>

>Sure... however I think it's extremely minor. Nothing much happens if you
>simply try to change the video mode to the same one again..
>
>on my projector, I get a slight blank screen for a fraction of a second..

Unfortunately, there are many TVs that do annoying things on a mode
change.  My Sony Bravia KDL-32V5500 takes rather more than a fraction
of a second to change modes, and it puts up some overlay information
that lasts for several seconds after that.  Which can be quite
annoying.  I have not found any option in the TV to turn off that
behaviour.