[mythtv-users] 0.26 and Fedora 18 crash-n-burn?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Apr 17 01:26:23 UTC 2013

On 4/16/2013 7:40 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 13:05 -0400, Rich West wrote:
>>
>>> So.. long story short, after more pain than it was worth, I have joined
>>> the camp of people who have been saying that F18 is too buggy.
>> Just as a contrary data point: I have been running 0.26 and F18 with no
>> problems at all. But I do not have any IVTV devices, just two HD-PVR's
>> and one HDHR.
> Agreed (I have been running F18 and MythTV 0.26 since each was
> released).  I am using HDHR devices (I removed my IVTV devices
> some time ago).  Perhaps this suggests that more users need to
> test with the beta releases.

FWIW, I'm running F18 on my 4 frontend systems (all Foxconn NT-A3700
systems) with no issues.  The backend was another story (MSI K9MM-V) ..
Something about it did not like the chipset on the motherboard nor the ivtv
devices which caused all sorts of pain.  F17 made all the pain go away on my
backend, and the WAF is improving vastly!

-Rich