[mythtv-users] Hauppage Nova-TD and failed recordings

Edward Peckham edward at peckham.me.uk
Tue Apr 16 21:22:14 UTC 2013

Simon,

I feel your pain.

On Tuesday 16 Apr 2013 18:41:19 Simon Waldman wrote:

> All has worked for some years. Since I upgraded to 0.26, I've been getting
> quite a lot of failed (0-byte) recordings - perhaps 30% of all recordings
> fail. These only ever happen on the Nova-TD stick. They *seem* to happen
> more on one multiplex than others, but they are not restricted to that
> multiplex (and the favouring of that one that could be random chance / my
> imagination).
My Nova TD stopped being reliable when I upgraded to 0.25.  Do you know what
you were on before the  0.26 upgrade?

> I've tried deleting each of the dual tuners in turn to see if one of them is
> dud. No use. I've tried putting up the various timeouts and tuning delays,
> no use. I've tried changing Fast Tuning between "Live TV Only" and
> "Always", but it made no difference.
I've failed to find a working magic incantation myself.  I have found that
tuning with tzap always works, but unfortunately strace does not decode the
structures passed to the v4l frontend ioctl() call, so I've not seen if
there's any difference in how mythbackend does the tune.

Ed