[mythtv-users] nVidia driver 304.88: problems

Saul A. Peebsen jaglover at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 00:16:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 11:42:30 +1200
HP-mini <blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 16:16 -0500, Saul A. Peebsen wrote:

> > Worked for me ... running Gentoo 64-bit.
> >
> Is that with the nVidia proprietary driver running ?
> I had read that that driver did not expose the I2C bus (DDC on
> VGA/DVI)

Don't remember really. It is possible I did it from CLI with nVidia
module not loaded. I added
    Option      "CustomEDID" "DFP-1:/etc/X11/Dell_edid.bin"
to my Xorg conf and it solved my problem.
My problem was I have a DVI to DVI+HDMI splitter in that particular
output and Xorg got confused.
But there really shouldn't be any problems pulling the EDID, you could
boot up with SysRescueCD or GRML or whatever is your favorite USB-stick
distro and get it. You could even hook up that monitor to some other
box and get the EDID out.

--
Cheers, Saul