[mythtv-users] nVidia driver 304.88: problems

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Apr 15 20:37:31 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 15:24 -0500, Saul A. Peebsen wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 07:41:13 +1200
> HP-mini <blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> I wrestled nVidia blob until I discovered one can feed it with a binary
> EDID file instead of letting it be pulled from a display - which may
> not be connected.

I think the OP had dynamic hot-plugging working fine with 295 & now it
does not.
All my xorg-conf hacks just force the 2nd display (with no EDID) to be
always active. Ugly solution really..

Using an EDID file in my situation is not possible; the required EDID
file does not exist unless I generate/create it from the custom
modeline.