[mythtv-users] default off-centre playback of recordings

Alastair Kerr alastair.kerr at ed.ac.uk
Mon Apr 15 08:09:39 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I have just noticed default playback of all my recordings are now off
centre, leaving a black band on the left of the picture.  This is easily
fixed by menu>video>manual zoom and moving the picture over using the
arrow keys. I assume this has started after a recent upgrade. (sometime
in the last 2 weeks) but I cannot rule out someone changing a setting
somewhere.

This only affects recordings. GUI is fine, live tv is fine, ripped
videos are fine.
I do notice though that live tv starts off-centre but quickly corrects
to normal viewing.  However if I record the live tvstream, then go to
watch it via 'recordings' then the off-centre problem is visible.   i.e.
the effect is for all recordings, from live tv, scheduled, or from any
time in the past.

I am running mythbuntu (12.04) using daily updates.
GPU: nvidia 7300.

Any ideas where to start looking for a solution?

thanks
Alastair

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.