[mythtv-users] problems recording ABC in SF bay area

Marco Nelissen marco.nelissen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 06:10:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM, John Lundell <jdlundell at gmail.com> wrote:
(...)

> Yes, I have been having problems with KGO as well.  They are on their
> original VHF channel 7 which is problematic with my UHF antenna but it use
> to be fairly solid.  They also were retransmitting on channel 35 in the
> south bay but that transmitter now seems to go on and off.  You may check
> to see if you are using channel 35 (599MHz) and if so move to channel 7
> (177MHz).

Interesting. Is there a way to check which channel/frequency a given
recording actually came from? Mythtv doesn't seem to show the actual
channel number or frequency anywhere, only displaying the channel name.
In schedulesdirect, I've enabled KGODT, and disabled KGOLD, which according
to http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-52235.html are on
channel 7 and 35 respectively. Also, my antenna is pointed at Sutro, so I
don't think it could even pick up channel 35. On the other hand, just now
this problem happened again as I was watching near-live TV. I switched to
the TV directly, and verified that the TV itself did it too. The TV seemed
to think ABC was on channel 35 though, and showed a signal strength jumping
erratically between 0 and 71. Would mythtv ever pick channel 35 even though
it's not enabled in the channel lineup?