[mythtv-users] Suggestions for choice of hybrid tuners, probably USB based

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Apr 15 02:51:09 UTC 2013

On 4/14/2013 10:32 PM, vacationsnbeyond at comcast.net wrote:
> I have the gf homerun prime, its great

With an email address like that, I'm amazed this wasn't spam.

As mentioned in my other email, an HDHomeRun Prime works great on
Comcast, where everything but the premiums is marked as not having copy
protection.  It works less great on Time Warner, where nearly everything
is marked for copy protection.  MythTV is not licensed and authorized to
access CableCard systems, so the HDHR and other CableCard tuners are
only allowed to give us content that is not copy protected.