[mythtv-users] channel changes via script suddenly stopped working--diagnose help

Paul Wootton pwootton at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 22:17:51 UTC 2013

On 13 Apr 2013, at 23:02, Larry Roberts <mythtv at american-hero.com> wrote:

>> Yup, shall I send him round? :-)
>>

> so I'm running this on CENTOS and I see something in the startup script about it not running as mythtv because of some missing groups.  Thats most likely the reason I'm root.  Given that this box has a single purpose and its not internet accessable I'm not overly worried about it.
>
> so I have edited the script to do as you mentioned.  I am showing UID and EUID for 0 for both.  This is the only myth box I have.   i did a yum reinstall lirc  and it didn't seem to make a difference. Appreciate the help in solving this as do my kids who are anxious for some new cartoons to watch.
>
> :)
>
> Appreciate everyones support on figuring this out...

I'm beginning to run out of ideas.  Could there be more than one irsend on your system?
Try adding a

print CCLOG `which irsend`,"\n";

to your cc scrppt just after the existing one; this will show the path irsend the the script is rinning.
Then check that his is the same as the one you are running from the command line (by running `which irsend` from the commad line.

Question to the audience - are then any environment variables that affect irsend?

-- Paul --