[mythtv-users] channel changes via script suddenly stopped working--diagnose help

Larry Roberts mythtv at american-hero.com
Sat Apr 13 19:53:50 UTC 2013

> Looking at the code, you're doing an append '>>' to the cc.log, so if the script were running twice you'd see two lines in the log, so forget that.  I'd be tempted to suggest something really weird like an odd multi-path reflection, but that wouldn't explain why it's OK from the command line.   Are there any other IR blasters nearby that are also triggering?  Do you have any other machines on the network that might be doing some sort of remote irsend?  What happens if you firstly rename rename the irsend executable and then the equivalent name in the code.  This way you can  discount it being called from elsewhere.  Other things I'd try are rebooting everything (perhaps with a power cycle); putting the IR blaster in a cardboard tube and taping it to the receiver so no stray IR gets in, and calling an exorcist (your milage may vary).
>
> -- Paul --

Do you happen to know the # of a good exorcist?  I shutdown and pulled
power from the box.  The IRblaster is taped to the front of the cable
box and its in a utility closet with nothing else around. I'm really at
a loss as to why it will work perfectly from the command line (I'm doing
this a root) but will not work when myth does it.  Is it actually
mythbackend that calls the script?  I have mythbackend running as root
but I'm not sure if thats the user that spawns it or not.  I haven't
messed with it in so long I honestly dont recall how I set it up.